The Boy Scouts of America has been rolling out several new and major changes to various BSA programs since the beginning of 2014.
In May of 2015, many planned changes to the Cub Scout program will take effect. Some of these changes are relatively minor, some are more significant. All are aimed at providing a more effective and fun program for our scouts.
We’ve linked to some particularly helpful and informative resources and articles regarding these changes below. As we come across more information we will be sure to share it here.
- Cub Scouts Changes Are Afoot!
Start here! This is essentially the trailhead at CubScouts.org with some opening information regarding the coming changes
- New Cub Scout Adventures…In a Nutshell
- Program Updates: 2014 and Beyond
The home page at the BSA regarding the upcoming program changes
- 2015 Changes: Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts
A PDF slideshow from the BSA
- Cub Scout Program Transition Information
A PDF document from the BSA detailing some aspects of the Cub Scout Program Changes
- Looping you in on the Cub Scout 2015 updates | Bryan on Scouting
An article detailing the changes that will be made to the current Academics and Sports program (belt loops and pins)